[isf-wifidog] Bandwidth control

Theo Treffers theo at africanaxess.co.za
Lun 16 Juin 04:49:45 EDT 2008

Hi there,

It looks like I misunderstood what was meant by "avoiding abuse of your
network". I understood that to mean that wifidog can limit the bandwidth
used by user. I have installed it successfully and all is functioning
but I don't see any such options. Am I correct in saying that this is
not yet a feature? It is the sole reason for having installed Wifidog in
the first place :-(.

Having said that saw that there is changelog 1351 that seems to
implement what I am looking for. Is this correct if is so, how would I
go about installing that? I am a complete noob when it comes to those
things so a bit lost here. To illustrate why this is so important to us
- I saw on one of your postings that one may want to limit a user to
"say 40GB per month". In our situation in South Africa unfortunately an
ADSL account comes with a limit of 3GB per month. We need to limit
people to MB, rather than GBs - if possible per time period.

Thanks a lot,

Theo