[isf-wifidog] WeatherProof WIFI Dog Routers

Don Druce dondruce at sympatico.ca
Mar 3 Juin 18:43:39 EDT 2008

Thanks Dana

I tried a test box outside of my house last summer, specifically placed
in direct sunlight with equipment running.  During the three week period
of the test in August, I recorded inside and outside termperatures.  I
had the exact figures stored away somewhere, but if I recall, the
sunlight would increase the internal termperture of the box by about 4
degrees, while the equipment would increase the termperature by about 3
degrees.  This was deduced from the Max Internal vs Max External, and
the Min Internal vs Min External.  Obviously the Min would be at night
and the Max during the day.  The external probe was  shielded from the
sun and rain and very well ventilated.    During the test, we did not
exceed 85 degrees outside.  Everything worked just fine.

Typically our winters will bring us down to -30F for a few weeks at the
end of January or early February,  I did NOT test my system during the
winter based on the manufacturers specifications.