[isf-wifidog] Lot WiFiDog, Vol 41, Parution 2

Menil Jean-Philippe Jean-Philippe.Menil at univ-nantes.fr
Mar 3 Juin 02:29:43 EDT 2008

> Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 20:56:13 +0200
> From: " Juan Asensio Sánchez " <okelet at gmail.com>
> Subject: [isf-wifidog] Navigate without authentication
> To: wifidog at listes.ilesansfil.org
>
> Hi all!
>
> I am new to Wifidog. This weekend i have setup a Linksys WRT54GL with
> DD-WRT firmware, and set up a virtual machine with Debian and Wifidog
> Auth server. Then I enabled and configured Wifidog hotspot connection
> in the router and everything worked correctly. That was very easy.
>
> This configuration will be installed on a public library, so i want
> the users could browse the library and city hall web servers without
> authentication, but need to do so when the users access google, yahoo,
> etc. Can this be done with Wifidog?
>
> Thanks in advance.

> Fin de Lot WiFiDog, Vol 41, Parution 2
> **************************************

Hi,
you can do it with the iptables rules.
In the wifidog.conf, you can add a rule like "FirewallRule allow tcp
port 80 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx",
in the section: FirewallRuleSet unknown-users.
In this case the ip of your web server is allowed without authentication.

--
Menil Jean-Philippe
CRI de l'université de Nantes
Jean-Philippe.Menil at univ-nantes.fr