[isf-wifidog] Open Tickets

Benoit Grégoire benoitg at coeus.ca
Ven 25 Jan 16:25:22 EST 2008

On 24 January 2008, Robin Jones wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
>
> I am looking through the ticket system and was wondering about the
> following tickets...
>
> 402, should it exist?

No, now closed.

> 347 is it a valid bug

It's a valid feature request, although I strongly dislike making the list
editable from the web interface because:
1- using a central list shouldn't be much more work than adding the UI to edit
the list.
2- The current way to edit the list automatically causes the user to do so in
a form that they can send us as a patch.

Historically, everytime we do that, users don't cooperate and share their
changes upstream, they merely fix their immediate problem locally.
Centralizing the list somewhere on wifidog.org should avoid such duplicated
work.

> , if so should it be milestone 1.0

Nope

> 382,388,389 are these patches valid and committable?

382:  The request is a good idea, the implementation needs improvement.  The
HTML should have both classes for up, down and unknown, as well as classes
for even and odd.  (There should be no red and green classes) The theme
designer can then decide what to do  with them.

388:  The patch is technically correct, but I don't want to apply it as it is.
Doing so would make it impossible to see symptoms of a crashed gateway.  The
proper solution would be to apply this patch, create a field "logout_reason",
and set the logout reason to AUTH_SERVER_GARBAGE_COLLECT or some such in a
schema update.  Fixing that should happen ans part of implementing the token
architecture.

389: It's applicable.

> 418 this seems to be very similar to 320, would you agree?

I'm pretty sure there are two distinct issues.

--
Benoit Grégoire
Technologies Coeus inc.