[isf-wifidog] Submitting trouble ticked not functioning. - Router quits after power down. Reply

Don Druce dondruce at sympatico.ca
Mar 1 Jan 17:12:59 EST 2008

This is really really helping.

Today, I put two Routers being tested on line, and monitored the
Node-List with a third connection.
I powered down the two test routers, and watched the node list.  It took
5 minutes to post that those two Nodes were down, but it showed that
they had been down for 5 minutes.  I repeated this several times with
the same results.  So, from this, I assume that my routers are at least
getting back online properly.

I guess what I have to figure out now is why, when I connect a computer
to these routers (Wireless or LAN port) I cannot get back online.  I
posted what ipconfig and ping and BusyBox report in my Trouble
Ticket.    I now have a much better idea of the sequence and will head
down that direction..

Do not want to keep on asking, but can I get into the Green Screens.  I
assume that these are stored in the flashed router.  I tried briefly to
trace where they were, but without success.  If you can provide a path
to them, it would be much appreciated.

This, for me also clears a few things up big time.  I underlined the
part that I was not catching.  Especially when I tried to connect to my
Sympatico Modem/Router and got the Green Screen, that one really
confused me..

. _ Note that if the condition is lack of internet
connectivity, and it persisted for a while, you will not even see the green
screen (unless you try to connect directly to an IP address)_ /because name
resolution will fail./  There is a branch in SVN to work around this, but it
hasn't been merged.