[isf-wifidog] regarding an ubuntu gateway

Osvaldo Suarez osvaldo.baires at gmail.com
Lun 15 Déc 16:10:54 EST 2008

Hi:
> On my system, the wifidog.conf is located here:
>
> /usr/local/etc/wifidog.conf
Yes, i did the same thing.

> In this file, there is an option:
>
> GatewayInterface
>
> You might want to change this to whatever you virtualbox interface is and
> restart the service.
I did it also.
The following is from the /usr/local/etc/wifidog.conf file:

GatewayID 0
GatewayInterface br1
GatewayAddress 192.168.1.1
AuthServer {
    Hostname wifidog.localhost
    SSLAvailable no
    Path /
}

brctl show
bridge name	bridge id		STP enabled	interfaces
br0		8000.001fe182dc1a	no		eth1
br1		8000.00ff59e6bc17	no		tap0
							tap3

I'm using a wireless connection (eth1). I created a second brigde for
the virtual interfaces. tap0 is my gateway ip and tap3 is the
interface from the virtual machine:

root at vostro:/usr/local/etc# ifconfig
br0       Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1f:e1:82:dc:1a
          inet addr:192.168.0.216  Bcast:192.168.0.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
br1       Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:ff:59:e6:bc:17
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1c:23:5a:c9:0a
eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1f:e1:82:dc:1a
tap0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:ff:dc:ef:0b:44
          inet addr:192.168.1.1  Bcast:0.0.0.0  Mask:255.255.255.255
tap3      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:ff:74:1c:d7:0d

The only two interfaces with IP address are br0 (on behalf of eth1)
and tap0, my gateway for the virtual machine network.
The routes are:

ip route ls
192.168.1.0/24 dev br1  scope link
192.168.1.0/24 dev tap0  scope link
192.168.0.0/24 dev br0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.0.216
default via 192.168.0.1 dev br0  metric 100

/etc/hosts
127.0.0.1	localhost
192.168.1.1	wifidog.localhost wifidog

> Also, try changing the error reporting set by Wifidog.
> This was set in a lot of the PHP files under /var/www/wifidog-auth/
> error_reporting(E_ALL);
> We changed it to:
> error_reporting(E_ALL ^E_NOTICE);
I'm trying that right now, I'll let you know if I find something.
Regards,
Osvaldo