[isf-wifidog] regarding an ubuntu gateway

Osvaldo Suarez osvaldo.baires at gmail.com
Lun 15 Déc 13:38:42 EST 2008

Hi:
> I made some notes here:
> http://justuber.com/publicwifi:public_wireless_internet_access
>
> These are from a year or two ago when I was setting up Wifidog on Ubuntu and
> Debian machines. Feel free to have a read and see if anything is of use to
> you.
I had followed the same steps that are shown in that guide. The
proxy.sh script is working ok (prevents the client machine from
connecting to port 22 of the gateway).

Now the wididog daemon is preventing the client machine to access the
Internet, but then, it's not doing the redirection of port 80.

The rule is there:

iptables -nL -t nat | grep 80
REDIRECT   tcp  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           tcp
dpt:80 redir ports 2060

but it does nothing, if I try to surf, the browser just keeps on
trying to connect to the remote server but don't go to the
authenticacion server page.

Regards,
Osvaldo