[isf-wifidog] failed to connect to any auth servers

Clifford clifford at hdn.net
Lun 4 Aou 19:12:53 EDT 2008

Hi Guys,
Sorry for the overactive posting but I am trying to get wifidog as a captive
portal solution up and running and keep running into problems. I am running
wifidog and wifidog auth on the same box. Basically the APs will talk to
this main box for their DHCP and authentication. I see everything start up
just fine but then I get the following error messages on the console and in
syslog:

messages-20080803:Jul 30 20:02:08 wifidog wifidog[8949]: Creating web server
on 192.168.1.100:2060
messages-20080803:Jul 30 20:02:08 wifidog wifidog[8949]: Failed to connect
to any of the auth servers

The relevant part of /usr/local/etc/wifidog.conf looks like the following:

AuthServer {
    Hostname  localhost
    SSLAvailable no
    Path /var/www/wifidog-auth
}

The path certainly exists and contain all of the wifidog-auth files. Could
someone shed some light on this for me. I did a google search on this error
message and came up empty and there doesn't seem to be too much more to go
on in the logs. Thanks in advance.

Clifford