[isf-wifidog] multiple connection

Benoit Grégoire benoitg at coeus.ca
Lun 7 Avr 09:39:52 EDT 2008

On 7 April 2008, coli82 at libero.it wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem.
> I explane my situation...An user "test" is connected to my wifidog. If
> another user try to connect as "test" the system validate it and get him
> internet access... But I don't want this.
> I want that the system does not permit the second "test" user to have
> internet access and eventually display an error message. I have already
> unchecked the "allow multiple connections" by web, but it does not perform
> this task.
>
> How can I do it?Is there some php configuration to watch?
> What can I do?

Indeed not, when you don't have allow multiple connections on, if anyone
successfully connects with an account that already has an open session, the
first session is closed, and a new, valid session is created for the second
login.

What you want is to lock out any login attempt untill the first session is
closed.  You could code it as an option.

However, be aware  that that if for some reason a session is abnormally
terminated (say a gateway get's power-cycled), all your users would be
effectively locked out of the system untill their session times out.

--
Benoit Grégoire
Technologies Coeus inc.