[isf-wifidog] Another authentication method?

Robin Jones Robin at networkfusion.co.uk
Ven 4 Avr 12:45:58 EDT 2008

You are right, the URL is quite long, this is because of the way that
wifidog works. The validation includes such data as the clients mac
address etc.

Is it not possible for the sponsor to click the link to validate the
client? This should work, even when off site.

Through code, this could be achieved by creating a new table in the
wifidog database and modifying how the validation works so the link is
sent to a table and a random alphanumeric code is generated. This would
then be sent to a special mailbox that the administrator checks. An
input box and button could then be generated in the login template which
would redirect the user to the right URL.

I can help you with the design to this, but I don't think any of the
current developers would put this at the top of their list.

Sorry that I can't be of more help...

From
Robin Jones