[isf-wifidog] Fwd: Wifidog doesn't read login template!

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mer 5 Sep 13:28:23 EDT 2007

> Uh - what is the appropriate tool to use for simply moving the signup
> button to a separate HTML <div>?

Doing exactly that, reworking the HTML so it can be more easily manipulated by
CSS, and sending in a patch.

> I think it is an improvement over the
> present layout with the login and signup buttons stuck together under the
> login form. Not a big deal, but I think it should be a permanent change or
> patch.

Haven't really had time to think about that ticket in depth, but at first
glance I agree.  Does anybody think this change is a bad idea?

> As a newbie, though, I would appreciate a hint on how best to
> proceed. AFAIK, the theme pack stylesheet is not used to create the <div>s
> and static elements, only the styles thereof. And I'm pretty sure the
> Content Manager can't touch the elements I want to move over. Maybe a
> dynamic smarty template?
>
> I wish somebody could kindly give me a hint?

I think in this specific change, you want to patch the code to make the HTML
more flexible, and propose to patch it permanently.