[isf-wifidog] issues setting up auth server

Adrian (ADR Communications) adrian at adrcommunications.co.uk
Mer 31 Oct 18:58:06 EDT 2007

Hi all

really new to wifidog,
i followed the wiki to install wifidog on our debian server and will be
running DDWRT with it when i get it running.

I have got this error on the last install page.

Trying to open a Postgresql database connection :
Warning: pg_connect() [function.pg-connect]: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL
server: could not connect to server: Connection refused Is the server
running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
in /var/www/wifidog-auth/wifidog/install.php on line 751

Unable to connect! The server has to be online, the database "wifidog" must
exist, and the postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf must allow the user "wifidog"
to open a connection to it on host "localhost" to continue. See the error
above for hints on what the problem may be.

Any pointers would be great.

Regards Adrian

ADR Communications Ltd (ineedbroadband.co.uk)
Newbrook House
385 Alfreton Rd
Nottingham
NG7 5LR