[isf-wifidog] wifidog + friefunk

Larry DiBona junkyml at verizon.net
Ven 5 Oct 14:33:44 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have been working on a similar project using Xwrt and the native OLSR
package and Wifidog.  It works well. I have a problem I would like to
address.

When an access point running Wifidog works correctly using the WAN ports
to authenticate over the WEB to the Authentication server, and is part
of a mesh, if you remove the WAN connection, it can't find the server
using the mesh alone.

I have the system set up in a standard fashion, and the OLSR mesh
network is in place.  Using 2 router access points and both having the
WAN ports connected to the Internet, I can connect and authenticate
against one or the other of the routers using the WifiDog server, all
works well.  I can also login and administer either router through the
mesh (without associating), which proves the OLSR mesh is working.

If I remove the WAN connection from the 1st router and it is only
connected using the OLSR mesh (Which puts it on the network with the 2nd
router) the 1st router cannot find the Wifidog Server.  The router's
Wifidog green page informs me that it can't find the server.  Connecting
to the LAN ports makes no difference. I have placed the mac addresses in
the wifidog config to allow access.  Has anyone solved this?

-Larry