[isf-wifidog] WiFiDog Security problem?

michel memeteau mmemeteau at marseille-wireless.org
Mar 6 Nov 13:30:30 EST 2007

Hi
On Nov 5, 2007 9:39 PM, Jeff Schallenberg <schallenberg.jeff at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am sitting in my living room, writing from my laptop, connected to the
> SSID: "MSF-Brossard-Bibliothèque", gateway IP 192.168.5.1, which is in my
> den, connected to a LAN port of my main home router - another Linksys
> WRT54G, version 5, whose IP is 192.168.1.1. The problem is, I can LOGIN to
> my home router from the MSF router :-(

Do you have already login  in wifidog ?  If Yes this is a normal behaviour
for me . If the main home router subnet is not explicitly blocked it will be
accessible for my experience after login.

In france neuf Telecom with his neufbox4 ha been enough stupid to remove any
router web interface authentification, Orange even Worse , you can read
emails and send  SMS as the auth you through the public IP.

So we plan to add a default rule in our wifidog.conf that forbids accessto
the wifidog gateway WAN IP by default and blacklist http://id.orange.fr by
default .

My 3 cts .

--