[isf-wifidog] WiFiDog Security problem?

Jeff Schallenberg schallenberg.jeff at gmail.com
Mar 6 Nov 10:11:30 EST 2007

On 11/5/07, Benoit Grégoire <bock at step.polymtl.ca> wrote:

> It's not a "hole", in the sense that wifidog.conf (as distributed by the
> wifidog project) has sample configs to block access to upstream LAN if so
> desired.  Aparently, the MSF firmware chose not to implement this block.

Um - what do you mean, by "sample configs" Benoit? Are there several
different wifidog.conf files in the package?

I know the wifidog.conf file in the package we (MSF) install (
http://downloads.openwrt.org/backports/rc5/wifidog_1.1.3_beta2-1_mipsel.ipk)
is well commented, is that what you mean by "sample configs"? Is there
more recent gateway package we should be installing?

I don't have access to any flashed router at the moment. I would like to
prevent our hotspot users from accessing the upstream LAN, i.e. no access to
other subnets. Could somebody please post the appropriate modifications to
wifidog.conf that would accomplish that?

Any help would be appreciated

--
- Jeff