[isf-wifidog] WiFiDog Security problem?

Jeff Schallenberg schallenberg.jeff at gmail.com
Lun 5 Nov 15:39:44 EST 2007

I am working with Montérégie sans fil (MSF) http://www.monteregiesansfil.org.
Our auth server is running changeset 1276 of WiFiDog, not the most recent
one.

I have just flashed a WRT54GL with WiFiDog, and I decided to test it on my
home LAN before demonstrating it for our customer (Ville de Brossard).

I am sitting in my living room, writing from my laptop, connected to the
SSID: "MSF-Brossard-Bibliothèque", gateway IP 192.168.5.1, which is in my
den, connected to a LAN port of my main home router - another Linksys
WRT54G, version 5, whose IP is 192.168.1.1. The problem is, I can LOGIN to
my home router from the MSF router :-(

I don't think I should be able to get web pages from another subnet, should
I?

Is this a known security "hole" that must be corrected on the WiFiDog router
(in wifidog.conf)?

If there is information about that out there somewhere, please point me to
it ASAP so I can plug that hole before installing in Brossard!

--
- Jeff