[isf-wifidog] Social Networking apps and WifiDog

Dana Spiegel dana at nycwireless.net
Lun 5 Nov 11:13:53 EST 2007

Here's a very interesting post about a Social Wifi Utility that Coova
just made available via Facebook. Now, while I don't necessarily
believe that we should require FB membership for all people connecting
to WifiDog, I think it points to some interesting ideas.

For example, what if we integrated OpenSocial (via google) into the
auth server? I think that the standard home pages would become much
more interesting, and granting access to individuals on personal
public hotspots (as opposed to pure public hotspots like cafes) is a
very interesting idea, and something that we could do with OpenSocial
and that we already see a use for in NYC.

What do you guys think?

--
Dana Spiegel
Executive Director