[isf-wifidog] MAC address banning

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Sam 24 Mar 09:49:53 EDT 2007

> Just FYI, this feature request has already been made:
> http://trac.wifidog.org/ticket/285
>
> That's system-wide.  I dunno if there's a manual, gateway-specific
> blacklist...
>
> Gabe

As a workaround, for the moment adding this iptables rule to the rules
that setup the gateway bans whichever mac address is specified after
source.

iptables -A INPUT -m mac --mac-source 00:00:00:00:00:00 -j DROP

This is good for a quick fix but something a bit more integrated needs
sorted. I might see if I can botch together something for this, but
I'm not a programmer ;-) so it's likely to be rubbish!!

Chris