[isf-wifidog] MAC address banning

Alexis Cornellier alexis.cornellier at gmail.com
Ven 23 Mar 10:03:27 EDT 2007

I think it's possible, Philippe April who was with isf before cut
some abuser by there mac adress. The problem is that it's temporary,
with near 35000 user on the network, we can't micromanage the abuser.
So the developper think of 2 solution. The first one is to stop the
wireless signal when the place is close, that way, nobody will log
between the opening hours. The second is some kind of QOS. The
problem with the actual QOS system implemented in the router is that
is not suitable for us. Benoit Grégoire could explain more about it
on this list. The main problem i see in montreal is that if someone
on the network is using some kind of peer 2 peer, i assume that the
huge amount of connection make the router unable to provide anyone
else with some bandwith.

If someone want to develop something ISF will be glad to use it. For
questionning, Benoit Grégoire is way more aware of the problem than i
am.

Alexis