[isf-wifidog] New Deployment

Dylan Reeve dylan at bunkermedia.co.nz
Mar 13 Mar 17:52:47 EDT 2007

Yeah we got contacted by the CEO of RoamAD when that article appeared in the Herald. We are currently dealing with one of their preferred integrators locally.

I had a look in one of their boxes the other day - it's really neat. Little modular setup, very cool.

Our system, as envisaged at the moment, will be offering our SSID on their mesh network, the connections to that SSID will be tunneled straight in to a private tunnel to our auth/gateway server, where all firewalling and routing will take place. It's from that server that all the internet access for all the networks we operate will take place.

The backhaul to our server will be in the region of 5-10Mbit, and the provisioned bandwidth from our network to the public internet will be adjustable to meet demand.

We have looked at a system like the Ile Sans Fil system where each hotspot will have it's own connection, but as we are trying to deliver a single network to a larger geographic area, and broadband connection options are both limited and costly - this seems an ideal solution.

Cheers,
Dylan