[isf-wifidog] New Deployment

Dylan Reeve dylan at bunkermedia.co.nz
Mar 13 Mar 06:37:10 EDT 2007

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd drop a line here to let you know that we've deployed a
free wifi product in Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand based on WiFiDog.

The launch of the service was covered in the Business section of the NZ
Herald (
http://subs.nzherald.co.nz/search/story.cfm?storyid=0008C06B-3BB6-15ED-B72183027AF1010F
) and we have since been approached about deploying this service in
other areas. Also we are now working with a very large national
infrastructure country to provide the service in selected using their
metropolitan wifi infrastructure. Which will require deploying WiFiDog
in a very different way (where all traffic will be transited by a VLAN
to our centrally located auth/gateway server to routed from there).

Our model is currently built around getting wide area single-SSID
coverage of business areas, with the product being 'provided' by the
area's business association.

I'll let you know how we go.

Cheers,
Dylan Reeve