[isf-wifidog] Fwd: Does anyone know, or can you direct me to the source.

=?UTF-8?Q?Benoit=20Gr=C3=A9goire=20 bock at step.polymtl.ca
Dim 3 Juin 13:53:12 EDT 2007

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 00:35:54 +0100, "Gabe Sawhney" <gabe at pwd.ca> wrote:
> Hi Jeff -
> At Wireless Toronto we don't do it, but at ISF they do... and I don't
> think
> their method is documented.  I'd like to know it too.  <smile>

Well, there were instructions on the ISF website, but they were mass-delinked
along with just about all the rest of their documentation (and most content
about what ISF actually does or did, or how to help: minutes, the ISF firmware
work, past volunteer projects, the operation's group, etc.).  Apparently no one
else at ISF cares enough to do something about it, so I got the message and
stopped contributing content all together.  There is no point for me writing doc
no one will ever see.

One day I may get around to converting it for the tutorial on the WiFidog
website  (http://dev.wifidog.org/wiki/doc/auth-server/ContentManagerTutorial)

The basic idea is to create an outer non-reusable content group linked network
wide.  The elements of that outer group are reusable ContentGroups (each
representing a group of nodes) only allowed to display only at the corresponding
nodes.

To add content to a group, just pick the appropriate inner group from the
library and add the content as an element of it (you can even give regular users
access to add content to a specific group by adding them as owner of the
corresponding second level group).

To change the nodes that are part of a group, edit the outer CountentGroup
(which won't appear in the content library).