[isf-wifidog] Host setting in Database access configuration.

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Lun 23 Juil 10:44:38 EDT 2007

On Sunday 22 July 2007, Don Druce wrote:
> I have created several Captive Auth Servers.   Each an every time, I
> have problems in understanding and configuring the *Host* setting when I
> get to the *Database access configuration.*
>
> The default is "localhost"  I have tried changing it, and I can not get
> to the *Database connection* screen unless I leave the default
> "localhost" in the Host box.
>
> Perhaps this is a setting that I failed to change in previous steps, if
> so, could someone please direct me to this error, or setting location.
>
> Tried to add a screen shot, but it made the file size too big for the
> mailing list filter.

Well, you added a bug about it:  http://dev.wifidog.org/ticket/356

I don't understand what the problem is, or what you were expecting, the error
is self explanatory: captiveserver doesn't resolve.  You haven't added
captiveserver to you DNS or host file.

Why are you trying to change the database host in the first place?  The only
reason to do so is if you want to run the postgresql server on a separate
machine.
--
Benoit Grégoire
Technologies Coeus inc.