[isf-wifidog] iptables problem

Britton, Nathan S. britton at ohiostatealumni.org
Lun 2 Juil 10:14:51 EDT 2007

I am running RedHat Linux for the gateway and Auth server.

I have configured a bridge on eth0 and eth1 called br0 with address
XXX.XXX.XXX.5.
The external interface is eth0 with address XXX.XXX.XXX.4.
I have turned on ipv4 forwarding in the kernel and loaded the ipt_mac
module.
Iptables is running and is completely open.

With the above configuration, I can browse the internet with no problem.

In wifidog.conf I have the external interface as eth0 and the
internal interface as br0.  I have tried different combinations of
the settings and all do the same thing.

Once I start wifidog with these settings, I am able to aquire and
address via DHCP with no problem.  I am redirected to the login
page.  I can login and authenticate with no problem.  Once I am
logged in, I can no longer access the internet.

Are there different routes I should add?
I added:
route add default gateway XXX.XXX.XXX.5
route add default gateway XXX.XXX.XXX.1 <--- the true gateway

Like I said, everything works when wifidog is not running.  Once it
is started, I am stuck.  If you need more information, please let me
know.
Thanks for all of your help!
Nate