[isf-wifidog] Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: Ident authentication failed

listserv.traffic at sloop.net listserv.traffic at sloop.net
Dim 14 Jan 03:34:22 EST 2007

> I already disabled SELinux still getting same problem

Still, Patel's right. Tinker with the settings in pg_hba.conf.

If I get a chance I'll look mine up and post here, but I don't have
the box or settings handy.

I do know I had to tinker and IIRC, it's not exactly as described on the
Wiki. Watching the error messages I got and trying different
combinations I eventually got it right.

Finally, be really certain you ARE using the real user/password
credentials for the DB. I had a problem once that in passing appeared
to be PGSQL security related, but it was simply that I wasn't really
using a valid pair of credentials.

Good luck.
Greg