[isf-wifidog] Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: Ident authentication failed

Yogesh Patil yogesh at technotux.net
Ven 12 Jan 02:07:14 EST 2007

Hi,
     I have installed all the depend.. needed for wifidog auth server,
i am using fedora core 5 with postgresql 8.1 and getting error which
connecting to the database my databse info is as follows
Database name : mjc
Database Owner : mjc
Created user : mjc with password falcons
and i am configuring wifidog from the same machine (localhost)
when i come to the databse configuration page i enter the details as follows

Host	localhost
DB Name	mjc
Username mjc
Password falcons
but after entering the above information i get the following error
    * Postgresql database connection :
      Warning: pg_connect() [function.pg-connect]: Unable to connect
to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user
"mjc" in /var/www/html/wifidog/install.php on line 866

as per the instruction about postgresql security i have configured
"pg_hba.conf" and also tryied administrating PostgreSQL by phpPgAdmin
4.0.1, but it also doesn't authenticate username and password tryied
with root also
        and on my machine firewall also disabled please check the
above info and tell me what is cause of error i am getting, also
attaching pg_hba.conf for reference

--
Regards,
Yoegsh Patil