[isf-wifidog] Auth Server Upgrade

Gabe Sawhney gabe at pwd.ca
Mer 10 Jan 15:14:01 EST 2007

I dunno how others do it, but I upgraded our auth server last week
(from one that was even older than yours), this way:

- download from svn into a new folder, in the same apache virtual
server space (i.e. auth.wirelesstoronto.ca/newauth)
- create a new postgres database called wifidog-new (or whatever)
- pg_dump wifidog > wifidog.sql
- psql wifidog-new < wifidog.sql
- run the install.php script as if it was a new install, and it
upgrades the schema
- bail on the install.php script after the schema upgrade ('cause
otherwise it tries to create a new admin account)
- done.

>From now on we'll be better about keeping it updated, so I'll just do
svn updates to the live site.

If the process above seems bonkers to anyone, please let me know -- I
promise to put the info on the wiki.  <smile>

Gabe