[isf-wifidog] Transparent auth

Colin Verot lists at mitija.com
Mar 6 Fév 04:43:38 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have a question about the auth process in Wifidog.

I have got one install running, I can log into the portal, then connect
to Internet, etc.. All is working fine. Now, I want to NOT use the portal.

So I have a connector for my CMS which can log in and out of the portal.
I call http://server:80/wifidog/auth/index.php?stage=login&token=###
or http://server:80/wifidog/auth/index.php?stage=logout
I do that with CURL, and I interpret the results, and basically auth
people in my CMS based on that.

However, this logs me only into the portal, but doesn't start the
connection to Internet. The only way to kick start the connexion to
Internet is to use the header() redirection to
http://server:2060/wifidog/auth?token=$token which then redirects to the
portal.

If I do the call with CURL or file_get_contents(), I get a page on which
is displayed: "Failed to retrieve your MAC address"

So it seems to me the only way to connect to Internet is to end up
redirect to the portal page, via redirecting the browser onto
http://server:2060/wifidog/auth?token=$token

Is there a way to connect the user to internet without having to go
through the portal?

Would it be possible to do the following only with CURL?
  - login/logout/checkstatus the user in the portal  (that is OK)
  - connect/disconnect an user to internet?
  - get the internet connexion status for one user?

Thanks,

C.

--
Colin Verot