[isf-wifidog] WRT54G Ver. 6

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Ven 2 Fév 13:04:27 EST 2007

On Friday 02 February 2007, Collins, Peter wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> We're running into a problem flashing a Linksys WRT54G, Version 6. The
> Linksys just immediately kicks back "Upgrade are failed!" (whatever that
> means...).  We thought perhaps the bin we downloaded was trashed, and
> redownloaded again at
> http://downloads.openwrt.org/whiterussian/rc6/bin/openwrt-wrt54g-squashf
> s.bin, but still no joy.

The WRT54g v5, 5.1 and 6 are not officially supported by OpenWRT.  See
http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware/Linksys/WRT54G for details.

It can be made to work, but it's a lot more complicated.

As far as I know , all groups using wifidog on Linksys hardware are sticking
with the WRT54GL for new installs.

--
Benoit Grégoire
Technologies Coeus inc.