[isf-wifidog] Submitting trouble ticked not functioning. - Router quits after power down. Reply

Don Druce dondruce at sympatico.ca
Lun 31 Déc 16:26:25 EST 2007

Thanks Robin

I am aware that three tickets were posted on the same subject.  When I
posted the first two, I received absolutely no indication that things
were working.  I got the cursor with a hourglass and it just stayed
there.  I assumed that things were not working and simply disconnected.
I finally got results on the third try.

As to your response, are you telling me that if there is a short power
failure, at the router, customers will lose their connection and will
not be able to get back on until the session closes on the auth server.
If so, how long does that take.  Also if so, I for one will start
advising people, because I was not aware of that at all.

As part of my testing of WiFiDog 1.1.4 Security on a couple of routers,
I connected, then pulled the router's power plug for a minute or two and
then tried to log back on.  I got nowhere, which is what I was trying to
explain in my message, and on the Trouble Ticket.

If I am reading you right
1) What would be the proper procedure to get things working again, pull
the power plug on the router for an hour or so.
2) Advise customers that are using the router that they will not be able
to get back online for xx time.
3)  How come on an older router using WifiDog 1.1.3, I get the Green
Screen and I can click and reconnect.
4) On the routers that I am testing with WifiDog 1.1.4, I get nowhere,
BUT if I go to my Sympatico Modem/Router  192.168.2.1/index, I see the
Green Screen and when I go to Status is tells me the the Internet is not
connected.  Going to my Router with PuTTY and typing     WiFidog-init
status,   gives me the same result.

I can send some screen shots.

5) We at MSF ( me for positive, others to my knowledge) are not aware of
that and do not have that documented anywhere that I know of.

Many many thanks.