[isf-wifidog] Submitting trouble ticked not functioning. - Router quits after power down.

Don Druce dondruce at sympatico.ca
Dim 30 Déc 15:37:22 EST 2007

Is http://dev.wifidog.org down, I am trying to submit a ticket without
success.
I will post the problem here in the meantime.  Perhaps someone has an
answer.
I used    (the following is as directed by CQSF - I am with Monteregie
sans fil and work under their direction)

OpenWrt
Kernel Version Linux version 2.4.30 (nbd at ds10) (gcc version 3.4.4
(OpenWrt-1.0)) #1 Sat Feb 3 13:16:08 CET 2007
&
Wifidog 1.1.4    (CQSF recommends 1.1.3b2, but I am testing with 1.1.4,)

To flash a Linksys WRT54GL router.

When I get it working, I can reach the Internet, and it resets properly
after any idle period, and I can log back on to the Internet.

If I pull the power plug for a few minutes, and then try to come back
online, I end up with http://www.google.ca/ in the address bar and the
[page cannot be displayed] page on the screen.

Should I not be redirected to the Green Screen http://192.168.2.1/index

On another router running Wifidog 1.1.3 this is what happens, and after
clicking ''click here'' I am back online.

During one test, I turned the computer off for the night, left the
router on, and the next morning I could log back on.  There also was one
occasion where I could get back on about 50 minutes later, but generally
it will not allow me to get back online.

Associated Questions
Where can I find a good description of the redirect process - that I can
use?

Am I using the proper version of OpenWrt, - what is and how can I find
the proper version, what is the latest version, where do I get a copy.

Any other comments appreciated.

Thanks