[isf-wifidog] RADIUS authentication

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Dim 23 Déc 22:07:06 EST 2007

On 12 December 2007, André Ribeiro wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> Just put wifidog working and it's just fine. Now I would like to
> configure to authenticate on our RADIUS and I set that option on wifidog
> portal with admin logged in. The problem is that I don't know where to
> configure it and I am unable to login with any user, because it doesn't
> have RADIUS configured. Where can I do that?

In the network configuration.  But when on that page it says "You MUST read
the contructor documentation of your desired authenticator class (in
wifidog/classes/Authenticators/) BEFORE you start playing with this.", it's
NOT kidding.  If you don't, you can get stuck like you have.

> How can I reset the
> authentication type to LocalUser again?

The normal way is to create an administrative network using
AuthenticatorLocaUserNoSignup.  Sadly that's not an option right now until
http://dev.wifidog.org/ticket/358 is fixed.

So since you didn't and couldn't, the only way to reset is to hand-edit the
database.

> Another question, our further objectives are to get temporary users
> tickets to access WiFi. Do we really must manage this directly on
> postgres DB or there is another friendly way?

You mean "Free tokens tied to purchase" or "Paid tokens" (from
http://dev.wifidog.org/wiki/WirelessCommunityModels)?

I'm afraid either way, no one has announced interest in actually coding those
features.