[isf-wifidog] Multiple Gateway Administration

Tim Mitchell Tim at Mitchworld.com
Ven 14 Déc 06:52:41 EST 2007

Hi, (first post on list so greeting all)

I've a few questions for any who is looking after several gateways.

What's the best way to administer multiple gateways with out going on
site?

I'm currently using ssh but am looking at OpenVPN. Any better ideas or
pitfalls I should look out for?

How do you keep an eye on usage?

As all our access points are open it'd be easy enough for anyone to
connect another access point in client mode and run a separate network.

I've blocked port 25 so hopefully this will help to stop any gateways
being used to send spam. However this won't help if there are any open
relays listening on a port other than 25.
All the gateways use OpenDNS which gives an 8 day log of DNS requests.
Helpful but not complete.

Any ideas, thoughts appreciated

Thanks

Tim