[isf-wifidog] Google question wifidog

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mar 4 Déc 19:19:18 EST 2007

On Sunday 02 December 2007, Raul Lapaz wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have setup with the latest sources now. I am having the following
> problems:
>

> In the google parts I have configured as follows:
>

> n  IN the Edit nodes:
>
> Mass transit info = ? I do not know what to put here
>
> Gis data latitude= 40.439330 (my street address)
>
> Longitude = -3.638472 (stree address latitude)
>
> Url map = http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8
> <http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=40.439198,-3.638776&spn=0.002131,0.0049
>8 9&t=h&z=18&om=1>
> &ll=40.439198,-3.638776&spn=0.002131,0.004989&t=h&z=18&om=1 (I got it from
> google)
>

> n  In Network edit:
>
> o   Zoom level = I do not know what to put here
>
> o   When I put the latitude and longitude and save it, is always blanck,
> like it is not saving it.

That's your problem.  All 3 values must be present.  I just commited a small
documentation update for those fields.  You can try 12 for Zoom level and go
from there.

> When trying to access the hotspots, I only get Loading please wait.

I don'T know if that's related, but it just might.

> Still cannot send emails with postfix, even I have setup with default
> config as per wifidog instructions. Is there any way to install sendmail
> instead of postfix?

Wifidog doesn't care about your mailer at all, save for what you set in
config.php.  But your mailer has to work.  If you chose PHP, mail() must
work.  If you chose direct sendmail script, your sendmail script (sendmail or
postfix) must work.  If you chose SMTP, you must enter a working SMTP server.

--
Benoit Grégoire
Technologies Coeus inc.