[isf-wifidog] Revision to my last post on the Motorola Rotuer

Don Druce dondruce at sympatico.ca
Mar 28 Aou 20:09:26 EDT 2007

This is repeat information from my last post, with a new component added.

What I know

Motorola WRT850G  Router running X-wrt - OpenWrt  -  Wifidog

Previous problems

When the Router was flashed, it would connect to the Internet, but the
DHCP was not working.

When I added X-Wrt - in case it would help, the DHCP now works, but I
cannot connect to the Internet.

I can connect to my auth-server (Captive Server on my LAN), so I am
getting through the router, I just cannot convince it to then go to the
internet.

Any ideas, suggestions re troubleshooting this, ideas or whatever are
appreciated.

Wifidog on the Router would seem to indicate that it is working.  Am I
right here.

root at Motorola:~# wifidog-init status
WiFiDog status

Version: 1.1.3_beta2
Uptime: 0d 0h 23m 59s
Has been restarted: no
Internet Connectivity: yes
Auth server reachable: yes
Clients served this session: 1

1 clients connected.

Client 0
 IP: 192.168.10.152 MAC: 00:30:65:15:33:4A
 Token: cbecbe2e4e7056c6ad4475b938b9f73e
 Downloaded: 62772
 Uploaded: 13123

Authentication servers:
 Host: 192.168.2.200 (192.168.2.200)
root at Motorola:~#

root at Motorola:~# wifidog-init restart
Stopping Wifidog ...
WiFiDog status

Version: 1.1.3_beta2
Uptime: 0d 0h 51m 0s
Has been restarted: no
Internet Connectivity: yes
Auth server reachable: yes
Clients served this session: 1

1 clients connected.

Client 0
 IP: 192.168.10.152 MAC: 00:30:65:15:33:4A
 Token: cbecbe2e4e7056c6ad4475b938b9f73e
 Downloaded: 73580
 Uploaded: 25845

Authentication servers:
 Host: 192.168.2.200 (192.168.2.200)
OK
Starting Wifidog ...
Testing for iptables modules
 Testing ipt_mac
  ipt_mac  module is working
 Testing ipt_mark
  ipt_mark module is working
 Testing ipt_REDIRECT
  ipt_REDIRECT  module is working
OK
root at Motorola:~# iptables: Chain already exists

More information added on this post.

When I type 192.168.2.1 into the address bar on my computer (Internet
Explorer), in hopes of seeing the Web interface on my Sympatico
Modem/Router, my address bar immediately changes to the following

http://192.168.2.200/login/?gw_address=192.168.10.1&gw_port=2060&gw_id=default&url=http%3A//192.168.2.1/

My screen remains on the Captive Servers logon screen (192.168.2.200) Is
there a clue to my problem in there somewhere.  Can someone translate
this into what is happening, so that maybe, just maybe I can find a
solution, or at least identify the problem.