[isf-wifidog] Login Issues

Larry DiBona junkyml at verizon.net
Mar 28 Aou 11:54:52 EDT 2007

Folks,

I recently installed Wifidog-auth server 1268 from 2007-07-22, and the
Wifidog .13 client on X-WRT, (also running OLSR)  I have everything
running well.  When logging in wirelessly from a laptop, the server
reports that I am logged in, but I cannot go any further.  If I run
another instance of the web browser on the laptop, It redirects to the
login screen.
As a test to see if Wifidog client is parsing the wifidog.conf,  I
changed the wifidog.conf global settings to :

FirewallRule allow tcp port 80 to 0.0.0.0/0
I then get network access on the laptop but no portal.

All other firewall settings are the defaults that look like this:
FirewallRuleSet known-users {
FirewallRule allow to 0.0.0.0/0
}

I also tried
FirewallRule allow tcp port 80 to 0.0.0.0/0
for known-users

Anyone have an suggestion on what may be wrong?  I believe it may be a
wifidog.conf setting.

Thanks
Larry