[isf-wifidog] Login page layout

Jeff Schallenberg schallenberg.jeff at gmail.com
Dim 26 Aou 08:48:56 EDT 2007

On 8/25/07, Pascal Charest <pascal.charest at gmail.com> wrote:

> : wifidog/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/message.* you should have the uncompiled
> (.po) and compiled (.mo) version of the translation file.

Right on, Pascal! Muchas gracias!

In the messages.po ("portable Object") file, there are hundreds of entries
like this one:

#: smarty.txt:114 smarty.txt:145 smarty.txt:56 smarty.txt:59 smarty.txt:83
#: smarty.txt:77 smarty.txt:47
msgid "Login or Signup here"
msgstr "Connectez-vous ou crÃ(c)ez un compte ici"

- for each English phrase that has a French equivalent.

Now, armed with the knowledge that this is a GNU Gettext Portable
Object<http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html>file, and that

"the GNU gettext utilities are a set of tools that provides a framework to
help other GNU packages produce multi-lingual messages. PO files are meant
to be read and edited by humans, and associate each original, translatable
string of a given package with its translation in a particular target
language. ....."

Now, what? Is there a tool (Smarty?) that is used to manage, edit and
compile this messages.po file? Or, since I am proposing a very minor edit,
can it be done with a text editor?

--
- Jeff