[isf-wifidog] Wanted: Type-N/MIMO router capable of WiFiDog installation

Jeff Schallenberg schallenberg.jeff at gmail.com
Mar 14 Aou 15:03:52 EDT 2007

On 8/14/07, Larry DiBona <junkyml at verizon.net> wrote:

> What mesh software and OpenWRT are you running on the Buffalo's?

Buffalos? Did I mention there were Buffalos?

I just demonstrated a Linksys WRT54G v. 1.1, with OpenWRT, X-WRT and WiFiDog
installed on it. No mesh, no buffaloes :-)

Dana's idea of bridging the MIMO wifi interface to its WAN port and thence
to the the Linksys LAN would let WiFiDog punch through the floor, all right.
But this customer thinks he needs a one-box solution. And he doesn't need
WiFiDog downstairs, just a fast internet connection.

So, for now I guess the answer is, "No. There are no Type N/MIMO routers
that support WiFiDog".

Thanks for your insights and suggestions.
--
- Jeff