[isf-wifidog] Wanted: Type-N/MIMO router capable of WiFiDog installation

Dana Spiegel dana at nycwireless.net
Mar 14 Aou 11:02:37 EDT 2007

Jeff,

This is a good use for a plain router vs. AP+router.

We do this in some of our parks, with WifiDog running on a Soekris
router with 3 ethernet interfaces. One goes to the WAN, one goes to a
private wired network, and the third goes to a network of APs. Its
this last ethernet interface that has WifiDog attached.

You should be able to accomplish this with a lower cost router (sans
Wi-Fi), and (in your case, put the POS machines on one wired lan port
without WifiDog, and the N/MIMO router on another lan port with Wifidog.

This way, the cafe can use the N-based AP as the wireless network,
but still have WifiDog running.

--
Dana Spiegel
Executive Director