[isf-wifidog] Wanted: Type-N/MIMO router capable of WiFiDog installation

Jeff Schallenberg schallenberg.jeff at gmail.com
Mar 14 Aou 10:18:52 EDT 2007

Michael "Moose" Dinn wrote:
Why not just turn the DLink into an AP and plug it into the LAN side of the
WRT?

The DIR-655 *is* the wide-open AP for that venue. They even advertise "Free
Wireless Internet" on their billboard out front. I plugged our Linksys into
the D-Link for testing purposes. The owner's son is primarily concerned with
keeping their POS terminals isolated from the Wireless LAN (and also with
being able to stream downto his cubby-hole in the basement :-).

On 8/14/07, michel memeteau <mmemeteau at marseille-wireless.org> wrote:

> Depending on the type of wall etc ... it's a bit surprising that only
> 219kbps could be achieved with just one floor to  pass , which TW power did
> you set on the wrt  ? equivalent to 84 mw ?

I don't know what a TW is, Michel :-) I know you can adjust the transmit
power, but as far as I know, that router is at the default level.

To repeat the question, then - given the demonstrated  superior performance
of Type N and MIMO - are there any such routers that support WiFiDog?

--
- Jeff