[isf-wifidog] Motorola WR850G Problem

Don Druce dondruce at sympatico.ca
Dim 12 Aou 23:28:56 EDT 2007

Have some clues, I think, but can not figure this one out.

Router Motorola WR850G

Flashed Router OK, no problems.

Worked - allowed me to connect to the Internet (WiFidog), but DHCP would
not work, so I had to assign IPs manually.

Recently added X-WRT  extension - Hey, why not, supposed to be some
diagnostics in there.

Now, DHCP works on LAN and on WiFi, but I now cannot connect to the
Internet.

No clues, just server not available message. (I suspect that the
redirect is not working - but why?)

Went to my Macintosh - used Wireless

No connection to Internet.  Cannot connect error message)

Then I directed my browser to 192.168.10.1 (Router's address) and the
address bar immediately changed to 192.168.10.1.2060 and I saw the Green
WiFidog Redirect Screen.  I of course expected to see the X-WRT page.

Using this screen I can connect to the auth.server and thus the Internet.

Tried the same trick on my portable PC, but no luck - dang those
Macintoshes, said it before, say it again..... they just work.  On the
notebook PC, as on my desktop, when I go to 192.168.10.1  I end up with
the X-WRT screen - obviously - but how come it is different on the
Macintosh.

Anyone familiar enough with X-WRT or the whole darn system to give me
some clues as how best to troubleshoot this problem.  I really would
like to get the Motorola Router to work.

I have a working Linksys Router, but the Motorola is supposed to work,
so I want it to.

This  is a goodie for sure.  Person with solution, I buy a beer when we
meet..