[isf-wifidog] Project that needs a token architecture...help

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mer 8 Aou 17:23:32 EDT 2007

On 8 August 2007, Jesse Lloyd wrote:
> OK, how about this:  Does anyone have a working token architecture
> based captive portal that they can tar up and send to me?  That way I
> can modify something that is close.  The documentation provided
> doesn't help me at all because I don't have hardly any grasp of how
> wifidog even works.  Aside from modifying the config files, I'm lost.
> The data model, is that just variables used in the php script?  Do I
> add thing to the config.php?  Are these thing I need to call on my new
> index.php page?

I'm afraid you misunderstood.  The token architecture is basic infrastructure
re-factoring in the auth server that is necessary before one can cleanly add
the features you want.  It hasn't been programmed yet: it's in the late
design stage.

Once we have that, it becomes much easier to support (among other) the prepaid
token model.

Several companies selling paid access approached us to have this developed.
Unfortunately, despite several detailed bids for various scenarios, no
agreement was reached with any of them to finance this work (or part of this
work), and no such company has committed any of their own development
resources towards it either.