[isf-wifidog] Project that needs a token architecture...help

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mer 8 Aou 15:13:00 EDT 2007

On 8 August 2007, Jesse Lloyd wrote:
> I've been talking to the guys on irc about my project here.  What I
> want to do is make a token architecture with wifidog.  I want to have
> a system where the user gets stuck in the captive portal.  He buys an
> amount of time (1 hr, day or week) and the portal lets him through for
> that amount of time.  I'm going to use paypal buttons for billing.
> They simply return you to 1 of 2 URLs, one is a credit card denied and
> the other is for a successful transaction.
>
> What I need now is some direction on how to change auth server into a
> token architecture.  I've got wifidog working well with the stock
> settings... what do I do now?
>
> Any help would be great,

As I said on IRC, I'll be glad to help you, but I already wrote a nearly full
design document
(http://dev.wifidog.org/wiki/doc/developer/TokenArchitecture).  I'm affraid I
simply don't have the time to help you without more specific questions.

I fully realize that getting familiar with the codebase is a large and
time-consuming undertaking, but I don't really see how I can help you, short
of spending a few weeks writing more documentation.  I've already written a
lot of the documentation currently available, and at this point I think it's
best for the community that I spend most of my available volunteer time doing
coding, helping new developers and integrating their patches.

But as always, I WILL make time to answer specific questions, especially if
you are willing to collect and write down part of the answers (as code
comments or wiki pages)