[isf-wifidog] Auth server did NOT say pong

Ben Evans ben at benevans.demon.co.uk
Mer 1 Aou 11:45:20 EDT 2007

Hello everyone

I’ve configured a test environment with the 1260 auth server release running
on FC6 and wifidog client 1.1.3_rc1 running on OpenWRt on a Wrap board.

I can browse and configure the auth server.

I can browse and inspect the gateway which says the following

Version: 1.1.3_rc1

Uptime: 0d 0h 4m 53s

Has been restarted: no

Internet Connectivity: yes

Auth server reachable: yes

Clients served this session: 0

But wifidog –f is producing the message from ping_thread.c “Auth server did
NOT say pong”. Also, when I go in to the statistics section of the auth
server, the wifidog status for that node is “down”

Therefore it looks to me as though perhaps the server s not talking back to
the client.

I’ve probably made an elementary mistake, can anyone point me in the right
direction to chase down the problem?

Cheers

Ben

Checked by AVG Free Edition.