[isf-wifidog] postgresql version not validated

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Ven 27 Avr 12:44:31 EDT 2007

On Thursday 26 April 2007, Earle Scott wrote:
> Hi Folks, My name is Earle and Im new to both Linux and WIFIdog, so please
> forgive me if I ask stupid Noob questions. Im currently trying to set up
> WIFIdog for our wireless network and I have come up against a problem with
> the Auth server install.
>
> I have installed and configured postresql ver 8.2.4 and I am trying to
> install Auth server 1.0.0 .

Make sure you are using the version from SVN, not sourceforge.

> when I get to the Version Validation screen I
> have the following message in the todo list.
>
> Postgresql and mysql version are not validated.
>
> Does this mean that there is a problem with my postgresql install or simply
> that wifidog doesn't recognise the latest version of postgresql  ?

No, there is no problem, the message is just a reminder to developers that we
should probably do some sort of sanity check on postgres, but haven't.
Wifidog will work from postgresql 7.4 all the way up to the latest.

--
Benoit Grégoire
Technologies Coeus inc.