[isf-wifidog] MAC address banning

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mar 24 Avr 23:10:15 EDT 2007

On Saturday 24 March 2007, Chris Rowson wrote:
> > If someone want to develop something ISF will be glad to use it. For
> > questionning, Benoit Grégoire is way more aware of the problem than i
> > am.
> >
> > Alexis
>
> Hey Benoit - if you're reading this do you have any comments or
> suggestions of the best way to deal with this situation ;-P

It an often requested feature.  While at ISF we need more than a static ban
list, much of the work for a static ban list will be re-usable when we
implement something a little more dynamic.

Auth server side banning really isn't very difficult to implement.  We need to
add a ban_list table, a UI for it, and lookup the MAC before authenticating.

--
Benoit Grégoire
Technologies Coeus inc.