[isf-wifidog] Opening hour abstraction

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Mar 24 Avr 22:44:17 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007, Michael 'Moose' Dinn wrote:
> One really neat idea would be to have time-based pictures for the splash
> page- i.e. from 9 am to 5 pm, show the photo of the restaurant open,
> otherwise show it with the doors closed.

Well, while that's cool UI sugar, the first thing we need is a good opening
hours model.  Something that can do (minimally) different opening hours for
different days of the week, and ideally deal with exceptions (holidays,
etc.).

Anybody know a good data model for this type of thing?  We need something
where we can have a "is this hotspot open" in a single SQL query, otherwise
there will be a considerable performance hit.

--
Benoit Grégoire
Technologies Coeus inc.