Redirection page: broken link, "unlocking" doesn't work, was Re: [isf-wifidog] wifidog .ipk for OpenWRT Whiterussian RC5

Alexander List alex at list.priv.at
Jeu 14 Sep 04:39:37 EDT 2006

Kenneth Craft wrote:
> I believe for Wifidog on RC5, I used ipkg install wifidog.... I'll double check when i get home... I know I google'd it and got instructions from a different site other than wifidog's wiki.

OK,

thanks for the pointer to SourceForge.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=102646&package_id=110081

However, I also found it via Nantes Wireless:

http://www.nantes-wireless.org/pages/wiki/index.php/InstallationDeWifidog

points to

http://dev.geeek.org/openwrt/OpenWrt-SDK-Linux-i686-1/bin/packages/wifidog_1.1.3_beta4-1_mipsel.ipk

which worked fine for me on a Linksys WRT54GL with OpenWRT Whiterussian RC5.

I've installed the auth server, configured the gateway, have them talk
to each other, can sign up, get a confirmation mail, can activate accounts.

Unfortunately, two problems remain:

a) The redirection page I get says "click here" to log in. "Here" isn't
linked to anything, just plain text. Without knowing the correct URL of
the auth server, users have no chance to log in.

b) After successfully logging in, users still get the "redirect" page.
It's not the browser cache or anything - "unlocking" just doesn't work.

I don't see any users online on the status page...

I don't have DHCPd running at the moment, just my laptop configured to
192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.1 (the Linksys) as the default route.

I found that someone at NYCwireless observed the same issue:

http://www.nycwireless.net/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?comments_parentId=1893&topics_threshold=0&topics_offset=0&topics_sort_mode=commentDate_desc&topics_find=&forumId=10

Any hints?

Alex