[isf-wifidog] How can use cron/page.php

Philippe April isf_lists at philippeapril.com
Mer 6 Sep 21:34:07 EDT 2006

Hi,

It's been put up pretty quickly, and you're right there's no
documentation about it.

We call it in a crontab, this way:

*/1 * * * * (cd /var/www/wifidog-auth-prod/wifidog/cron/; /usr/local/
bin/php -Cq ./page.php 2>/dev/null)

That's calling it every minute. I'm sure we could put the path to the
interpreter (/usr/local/bin/php -Cq) at the top of page.php and make
it executable for better clarity, and also skip the "cd" (to fix
that, we'd need to chdir() into the directory o the script at the top
of the program), but such is life, we use it like that for now :)

In case you don't know what it does, it'll email the technical
officers after 5,10,15,etc. minutes of downtime. The values at which
it'll email are unfortunately hardcoded in the script.

Hope it helps!

Philippe