[isf-wifidog] Some of what you wanted to know about the content manager and a personal request

Benoit Grégoire bock at step.polymtl.ca
Lun 30 Oct 23:47:05 EST 2006

The Content Manager is ultimately meant to manage large groups of content
generated outside wifidog or generate by wifidog users, with a distributed
curation.  It would really deserve it's own whitepaper, but I don'T have
anywhere near the time to write one (not to mention that few people actually
read white papers).

So a few days ago, I wrote the first few parts of a tutorial style document to
help people understand how the content manager was meant to be used and why
it is designed the way it is. I would appreciate if everyone would take a
look and either add to it (I'll be happy to proofread) would like covered.
http://dev.wifidog.org/wiki/doc/auth-server/ContentManagerTutorial
It tries to explain how you should use the content manager, and isn't meant to
replace the older and sadly just as incomplete document explaining how the
content manager works (http://dev.wifidog.org/wiki/ContentDistributionSystem)

I've been writing a lot of documentation on the wiki lately (currently working
on the design for the future user roles infrastructure, which is stalling a
large number of tickets).  This is extremely time consuming, and I would like
to extend a personal request for the wifidog community:

Could we, as a group, start updating the wifidog feature list
http://dev.wifidog.org/wiki/Features.  It's currently incomplete and does not
represent the current state of wifidog at all, which is really hurting the
project visibility.  I'll be happy to write corrections and answer questions,
but I really don't have enough time to tackle the bulk of this project.

Thank you,
--
Benoit Grégoire
http://benoitg@coeus.ca/